About the Grand Prix
The GP is a series of races, one each month, where points are awarded to the finishers once age grading has been applied. Each runner's best 7 race results go towards a final total with an overall winner.
The GP's are about more than points though, as a club it is great to see our club shirts out in force at a race, it does get noticed, also there is great camaraderie amongst the members running, you can test yourself by beating your club rivals. If you set a pb you will feel a great sense of achievement as well, and if your training is going well these are great races to target for, and use as a goal. We try to vary the distances from 5k to half marathon. Also we sometimes have a social drink to celebrate afterwards.
|Race 1||January||Canterbury 10m|
|Race 2||February||Ashford 10k|
|Race 3||March||Greenwich Park 10k|
|Race 4||April||Paddock Wood Half|
|Race 5||May||Rye 10m|
|Race 6||June||Staplehurst 10k|
|Race 7||July||Joydens Wood 5k|
|Race 8||August||Canterbury Half|
|Race 9||September||Swanley Park 10k|
|Race 13||Any marathon in 2013|
- There will be 13 races( but not necessarily one each month.
- Best 7 scores count. (Scoring is slightly different: your finish time will be converted into WAVA % points as previously. However the person who scores the most points will be deemed the winner. As such they will get 50 points. Remainder of points and positions are shown below).
- Scoring a PB will score a bonus of 5 points.
- A PB score will only be awarded if the runner has a previous result at that distance on the website.
- Trophies will be awarded to the first three men and first three women in the final table.
- Point allocation: 50,47,45,43,42,41,40,39,38,37,36,35,34,33,32,31,30,29,28,27,26,25,24,23,22, 21,20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.
- Race 13: Any Marathon (Your best time from any 26.2 mile marathon in 2013 will count). All runners marathon age-grade results will be compared and points awarded at the end of the year. Please ignore points for Race 13 until the website has been updated.
- A second named runner may participate in the Swanley GP.